Norman James Fix
S/Sgt 32381348 615th
1920 - 1944
Ball Turret Gunner onboard 42-37809 (Carolina Queen)
Margraten cemetery, Netherlands.
Plot : D , Row : 8 , Grave : 18.
Norman was born Aug 5, 1920, Attica, New York.
In Apr 9, 1942 he enlisted to the aircorps.
In 1943 he arrived in England to join the 401st BG
His last mission, Jan 11, 1944, Target: Oschersleben, the plane was attacked by 2 enemy fighters.
Unfortunately, Norman was killed
He was awarded with an Air Medal and a Purple Heart Medal
In 1944, when Norman died on the age of 24 he left behind his family :
His father, Albert W Fix, age 53
His mother, Viola Fix, age 51
His brother, Francis Fix, age 25
His brother, Kenneth Fix, age 21
His sister, Helen Fix, age 18
His brother, Alfred Fix, age 16
Mission to Oschersleben, germany, plane was attacked by 2 enemy fighters and exploded
Told by Sgt Charles Stephen Badura, Engr / Top Turret.
- Name of crew member : Fix , Norman James
- Rank : S/Sgt.
- Serial number : 32381348
- Position : Ball Turret Gunner.
- Did he bail out ? : No.
- If not, why not ? : I dont known.
- Last contact just prior to loss of plane ? : About 10 minutes before we went down.
- Was he injured ? : I dont known.
- Where was he last seen ? : I last saw him entering Ball Turret.
- Any heresay information ? : Just from the Pilot , Chapman.
- Any explanation of his fate ? : Only hearsay from the Pilot and right waist gunner , Chapman and Johnson.
- Total number of missions of above crew member ? : I dont know.
If you have questions, remarks or information , please feel free to Email me
or leave a message in my guestbook