→ REMEMBER OUR HEROES                              → 401st BOMB GROUP

In early April 1945 the majority of the various ground support units on each 8AF heavy bomber station were inactivated on site, with their personnel and duties being taken over by newly-formed Air Service Groups. This brought VIII Bomber Command back into line with normal AAF practice, rather then the ad-hoc arrangement of smaller seperate units that had developed as required during their time in the UK
  • 681st AIR MATERIAL SQUADRON

    5 photos in 3 sub-albums

    This encompassed the station's supply lines, and was formed around the core of the former Quartermaster Company personnel.

  • 857th AIR ENGINEERING SQUADRON

    6 photos in 3 sub-albums

    This dealt with station's maintenance tasks, and was formed around the core of the former Sub-Depot personnel.

  • HQ & BASE SERVICES SQ, 431st AIR SERVICE GROUP

    16 photos in 10 sub-albums

    This dealt with the main administration of the Group and the station utilities and services. The core of this squadron was formerly the Station Complement Squadron personnel.