Hubert Jarrell Reasoner
Sgt 18183085 614th
1924 - 1943
Ball Turret Gunner onboard 42-37770 (Flak Rat)
New Gordon cementery, Gordon, Texas, USA
Hubert was born Sept 21, 1924, Childress, Texas.
On Oct 30, 1942 he enlisted to the aircorps.
In 1943 he arrived in England to join the 401st BG
His first and last mission, Dec 31, 1943 ,Target: Cognac, the plane was attacked by enemy fighters from
the rear and the plane went down.
Unfortunately Hubert didn't survived this.
He was awarded with a Purple Heart Medal
In 1943, when Hubert died on the age of 19 he left behind his family :
His father, Elmer Reasoner, age 50
His mother Myrthe Reasoner, age 43
His sister, Celestine reasoner, age 23
His sister, Alma Reasoner, age 20
Individual casualty questionaire
Told by 1st LT Homer Ernest McDanal , Pilot.
- Name of crew member : Reasoner , Hubert J.
- Rank : Sgt.
- Serial number : 18183085
- Position : Ball Turret Gunner
- Did he bail out ? : No knowledge.
- Last contact just prior to loss of plane ? : I heard Sgt Reasoner yell " We've been hit " over the interphone.
- Was he injured ? : Do not believe he was.
- Where was he last seen ? : Ball Turret.
- Any explanation of his fate ? : I believe that this man went down with the airplane because of his position in
Ball Turret and the fact that the airplane was out of control and on fire.
- Total number of missions of above crew member ? : One.
Picture of "Flak Rat" shot down by a Fw 190A
Crashed at Morceux, France
Memorial at Mezos, France
Mission to Cognac, crashed at Belin, France
If you have questions, remarks or information , please feel free to Email me
or leave a message in my guestbook