Kenneth Joseph Lynn
S/Sgt 12167944 615th
1921 - 1944
Right Waist Gunner onboard 42-31193 (Little Boots)
Lorraine Cemetery, France.
Plot E , Row 8 , Grave 33
Kenneth was born May 1, 1921, Jefferson, New York, Later moved to Greece, Monroe, New York.
He attendent Barnard and Charlotte High School and was employed by Hubbs and Hastings
In Sep 30, 1942 he enlisted to the aircorps.
In August 1943 kenneth announced his engagement to Eleanor Ainsworth
One day after his mariage, he arrived in England to join the 401st BG
His seventh and last mission, Jan 29, 1944, Target: Frankfurt, the plane was damaged by flak.
On the return flight the plane was hit by 12 German fighters
Unfortunately, Kenneth was killed
He was awarded with an Air Medal and a Purple Heart Medal
In 1944, when Kenneth died on the age of 23 he left behind his family :
His father, Edward Lynn, age 53
His mother, Lema Lynn, age 48
His sister, Elizabeth Lynn, age 19
Little Boots crew
Top Row, L-R: Robert W. Beers - Howard Elliot Byrne - Unknown - Unknown.
Front Row, L-R: Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Clarence Edgar Young - Franklin M. Grigg
Mission to Frankfurt, germany, attacked by enemy aircrafts and blown up not much later.
Crashed near Worms, Germany
Individual casualty questionaire
Told by Capt. Robert Beers , Pilot.
- Name of crew member : Lynn , Kenneth Joseph.
- Rank : S/Sgt.
- Serial number : 12167944
- Position : Right Waist Gunner.
- Did he bail out ? : Believe so.
- Where ? : Worms, Germany
- Last contact just prior to loss of plane ? : He reported attack by fighter a few minutes before airplane
- Was he injured ? : Unknown.
- Where was he last seen ? : Prior to take-off.
- Any explanation of his fate ? : I examined body on ground which was found 50 feet from unopened
attachable chest tight parachute.
Features unrecognisable but body build and color of hair believed to be this
Due to proximity of parachute opinion was that he may have jumped without
Possible he was blown out of exploding aircraft.
- Total number of missions of above crew member ? : 7
- Date and destinations if possible ? : Dec 1, 1943 Solingen
Dec 5, 1943 Paris
Dec 30, 1943 Ludwigshaven
Dec 31, 1943 Cognac
Jan 11, 1944 Oschersleben
Jan 29, 1944 Frankfurt on Main
Little Boots ( Boots was the nickname of Capt Beers wife )
If you have questions, remarks or information , please feel free to Email me
or leave a message in my guestbook