Kenneth Gerard Dickerson
Sgt 31188990 613th
1922 - 1944
Ball Turret Gunner onboard 42-37856 (Fancy Nancy III)
Margraten cemetery, Netherlands.
Plot : P , Row : 13 , Grave : 13.
Kenneth was born in 1922, Bridgeport, Fairfield, Connecticut.
He enlisted to the aircorps.
In 1943 he arrived in England to join the 401st BG
His last mission, Jan 30, 1944, just before Target Brunswick, the plane was hit by a FW 190.
Unfortunately, Kenneth was killed
He was awarded with an Air Medal and a Purple Heart Medal
In 1944, when Hugh died on the age of 21 he left behind his family :
His father, John Dickerson, age 69
His mother, Bertha Dickerson, age 65
His brother, Percy Dickerson, age 41
His brother, George Dickerson, age 32
His brother, Warren Dickerson, age 29
His sister, Doris Dickerson, age 25
His sister, Sylvia Dickerson, age 24
Mission to Brunswick, germany, just before target the plane was hit by a FW 190 , German fighter.
Individual casualty questionaire
Told by S/Sgt Ray Lawrence Surowski , Engr / Top Turret.
- Name of crew member : Dickerson , Kenneth Gerard.
- Rank : Sgt.
- Serial number : 31188990
- Position : Ball Turret Gunner.
- Did he bail out ? : No knowledge.
- Last contact just prior to loss of plane ? : The right waist gunner ( Sgt Barker ) said he saw SGT. Dickerson
alive and well in the plane.
- Was he injured ? : No.
- Where was he last seen ? : In the plane by Sgt. Barker.
- Any explanation of his fate ? : Killed in fighter attack ?.
- Total number of missions of above crew member ? : 4.
- Date and destinations if possible ? : Dec 31, 1943 Cognac , France
Jan 21, 1944 Notre Dame de Ferme , France
Jan 29, 1944 Frankfurt
Jan 30, 1944 Brunswick
Lt. Ronald R. Rohner Crew
Standing L to R: Ray Surowski, John Morreale, Homer Arbogast, Cliff Barker. Kenneth Dickerson, Lowel Reif.
Kneeling L to R: Stanley Johnson, Emil Smetana, Ronald Rohner, Frank Leonard.
Taken at Redmond Oregon in final days of training.
Sgt. Kenneth Dickerson was buried on the cemetery of Ochsenfurt on 3 Feb. 44.
If you have questions, remarks or information , please feel free to Email me
or leave a message in my guestbook