Allen Hugh Craft
S/Sgt 37225198 615th
1921 - 1944
Ball Turret Gunner onboard 42-31193 (Little Boots)
Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Dennis, Kansas, USA.
1921 - 1944
Allen was born Jul 20, 1921, Kansas.
He enlisted to the aircorps.
In 1943 he arrived in England to join the 401st BG
His seventh and last mission, Jan 29, 1944, Target: Frankfurt, the plane was damaged by flak.
On the return flight the plane was hit by 12 German fighters
Unfortunately, Allen was killed
He was awarded with an Air Medal and a Purple Heart Medal
Little Boots crew
Top Row, L-R: Robert W. Beers - Howard Elliot Byrne - Unknown - Unknown.
Front Row, L-R: Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Clarence Edgar Young - Franklin M. Grigg
Mission to Frankfurt, germany, attacked by enemy aircrafts and blown up not much later.
Crashed near Worms, Germany
Individual casualty questionaire
Told by Capt. Robert Beers , Pilot.
- Name of crew member : Craft , Alen Hugh.
- Rank : S/Sgt.
- Serial number : 37225198
- Position : Ball Turret Gunner.
- Did he bail out ? : Unknown.
- Last contact just prior to loss of plane ? : Interphone conversation prior to attack by enemy aircraft.
- Was he injured ? : Unknown.
- Where was he last seen ? : In ball turret prior to attack by enemy aircraft.
- Any explanation of his fate ? : Believed killed when aircraft exploded.
- Total number of missions of above crew member ? : 7
- Date and destinations if possible ? : Dec 1, 1943 Solingen
Dec 5, 1943 Paris
Dec 30, 1943 Ludwigshaven
Dec 31, 1943 Cognac
Jan 11, 1944 Oschersleben
Jan 29, 1944 Frankfurt on Main
Little Boots ( Boots was the nickname of Capt Beers wife )
If you have questions, remarks or information , please feel free to Email me
or leave a message in my guestbook