Morton "Morty" Arinsberg
Sgt 33577903 614th
1923 - 1943
Tail Gunner onboard 42-37770 (Flak Rat)
Morton was born Jan 16, 1923, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
On Jan 19, 1943 he enlisted to the aircorps.
Later that year he arrived in England to join the 401st BG
His first and last mission, Dec 31, 1943 ,Target: Cognac, the plane was attacked by enemy fighters from
the rear and the plane went down.
Unfortunately Morton didn't survived this.
He was awarded with a Purple Heart Medal
Picture of "Flak Rat" shot down by a Fw 190A
Crashed at Morceux, France
Individual casualty questionaire
Told by 2nd LT Lucas Harry Sprinker , Navigator.
- Name of crew member : Arinsberg , Morton
- Rank : Sgt.
- Serial number : 33577903
- Position : Tail Gunner
- Did he bail out ? : Unknown.
- If not , why not ? : Killed.
- Last contact just prior to loss of plane ? : About oxygen check , ten minutes before attack.
- Was he injured ? : Unknown. Possible , as all the attacks were from the rear.
- Where was he last seen ? : Before takeoff time.
- Any explanation of his fate ? : Killed same as in the case of Sgt Reasoner.
- Total number of missions of above crew member ? : One.
Memorial at Mezos, France
Mission to Cognac, crashed at Belin, France
If you have questions, remarks or information , please feel free to Email me
or leave a message in my guestbook